Kellan Lutz Talks 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

The revamped Nightmare on Elm Street isn't a shot-by-shot remake of the 1984 Wes Craven original, but there will be images that should seem vaguely familiar: a disfigured man wearing a fedora and a striped sweater, slash marks emerging on newly awakened bodies, and a girl named Nancy who's at the center of it all. The rest of the characters may have changed -- including new addition Dean (played by Twilight star Kellan Lutz) -- but the hunt remains the same. Lutz compares the original to the remake (with only one spoiler!) and reflects on his life and career post-Twilight.


Q: What did you think of the original Nightmare on Elm Street?

A: You know, growing up, Freddy Krueger was the only thing that scared me. I have three older brothers who picked on me, and they did anything to beat me up, but Freddy was the ultimate freak factor. Because Jason from Friday the 13th or Chucky -- they were kind of funny. I even had a Chucky doll. But something that attacks you in your sleep? [Shivers]

Q: And how does the new Freddy measure up?

A: Jackie Earle Haley is amazing at what he does as Freddy Krueger. He helps make this a really scary movie. It's a great psychological thriller. I do die. Uh-oh, spoiler! [Laughs] But it's a really cool death scene, and I'm in a scary movie that scared me growing up, so that's great.

Source: filmcritic.com

No comments: